Unity Mortuary Funerals
Call 865-897-8811 to discuss packages, pricing and other details.
Unity Mortuary offers these goods and services to our customers. Talk to our staff to determine exactly what you will need and what you can omit. You choose what you want and we’ll work with you to identify the best and most affordable package for your needs. All funeral arrangements include a charge for our basic services and overhead. There will be no surprises. If legal or other requirements mandate purchasing items you did not specifically request, we will explain the reason in writing on a summary statement BEFORE you proceed.
- Basic services of funeral director and staff
Our services include counseling and caring for family, making arrangements, , securing and recording vital statistics, obituary notice to local newspapers, notification to Social Security office, assistance with insurance forms, public notary service, arrangements of minister, music and pallbearers, etc. This fee is for our basic service. Additional services you select will add to the total cost of the funeral arrangements. The basic services fee is already included in our charges for direct cremations, immediate burials, and forwarding or receiving remains.)
Except in special cases, the law does not require embalming. Embalming may be necessary, however, if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you may have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require it, such as direct cremation or immediate burial.
- Autopsy cases
- Washing and disinfecting body when no embalming
- Embalming donor service – full bone donation or tissue donations
- Other preparation of the body, including cosmetic care, dressing, and casketing
- Special restoration and cosmetology, when necessary
- Local transfer of remains to funeral home by qualified staff members
- Forwarding remains to another funeral home/mortuary
A charge will be incurred for removal of remains, services of staff, embalming, shipping case, necessary authorizations, and local transportation to airport or railhead. The services of staff or the use of facilities for any visitation and/or rites or ceremonies prior to forwarding the body will incur additional charges.
- Receiving remains from another funeral home/mortuary
A charge will be incurred for temporary shelter of remains, transportation of remains to
cemetery or crematory, and required services of staff. The services of staff and the use of facilities for viewing, as well as the use of facilities for ceremony or staff and equipment for an off-premises funeral ceremony, will incur additional charges.
- Immediate burials
Ask about the core charges for these types of immediate burial (without any attendant rites or ceremonies):
1. Immediate burial with casket (in addition to price of casket)
2. Immediate burial with alternate container (cardboard container)
3. Immediate burial with 20-gauge steel, non-sealed casket
4. Immediate burial with container provided by purchaser
Fees include removal and shelter of remains, local transportation to cemetery, and necessary services of staff and authorizations
- Infant services: information available on request
- Use of facilities for visitation and staff supervision, or use of equipment and staff personnel for off-premises visitation
- Use of facilities for ceremony with staff supervision, or staff and equipment for off-premises funeral ceremony
- Use of other equipment pertaining to funeral service:
- Tent at graveside for interment service, if not furnished by cemetery
- Lining grave, lowering device, and chairs for interment service, if not furnished by cemetery or church
- Use of facilities for memorial service with staff supervision
- Use of staff and equipment for graveside service
- Funeral coach from funeral chapel or church to cemetery or crematory (50-mile radius)
- Flower van from funeral chapel or church to cemetery (50-mile radius)
- Family car (50-mile radius)
- Caskets (adult) – A complete price list is available at the funeral home.
Outer containers – A complete price list is available at the funeral home.
Acknowledgment cards (25 per box)
Note: One register book and one box of acknowledgment cards are included with each casket.
NOTICE: WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR JEWELRY OR VALUABLES PLACED ON REMAINS OR IN CASKET.
Visiting hours: ……………. 8:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT: We will not permit unembalmed remains to be kept in our building over a 24-hour period and will not place unembalmed remains in our visiting rooms or chapel for visitation or services unless the remains are in a sealed casket or sealed container.
We do have refrigeration available at our facility for storage. Special Charges and Rates Apply.
Family members who desire to view the remains of an unembalmed person will be permitted to do so in our preparation room suites, all at one set time.